Wednesday, July 06, 2005

West Virginia on my mind

When I moved away from West Virginia in 1999, I was 27 years old, armed with a law degree and a license to practice law that was going to be useless in my new home of North Carolina. My wife and our two cats and two dogs packed up our lives and headed out on our great adventure, leaving behind family, friends and old jobs. When we arrived in Salisbury, we shoved everybody and everything into a rented two-bedroom house and started to build our live together. In short order, I passed the bar, we had our first son, passed another bar, moved to Winston-Salem and bought a house, had a second son, changed jobs, and am now having a third son. In that time, through work and family, I have been to Chicago, Idaho, Boston, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Maine. I have won and lost cases, seen the wonderful births of my children, and shared my love with the most beautiful woman in the world. And yet, I can't stop thinking about West Virginia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home